Sunday, April 19, 2009

Stepping Stone

And there you stand
Your smile is brighter than the sun
Yet I can’t convince myself to run
Despite the lies you told to me

You come in close
I can feel your breath down in my soul
As my body loses all control
But I’m not taking off my clothes

I’m sure you know
The melody of my broken heart
How my pulse quickens, my nerves restart
With the words falling from your lips

I tell you go
Won’t give into you this time around
Won’t let you abuse me when I’m down
Not gonna be your stepping stone

Your eyes meet mine
Through the crowded room of empty smiles
And you’re loaded with your charmer’s wiles
Fluorescence glowing on your face

You say hello
With the summer moon glint in your eyes
But I see through your dark disguise
As your fingertips trace my skin

I tell you no
Won’t give into you this time around
Won’t let your blue eyes bring me back down
Not gonna be your stepping stone

No comments:

Post a Comment